This is a 2 part assignment !
Title of Presentation:
Title of Article (include name of publication and publishing date):
Link to the Article (URL):
STEP 1: Visit one of the following newspapers’ websites: USA Today, New York Times, Wall Street Journal, or Washington Post. Select an article that uses statistical data related to a current event, your major, your current field, or your future career goal. The chosen article must have been published after the start of this term.
Examples may include:
The article should use one or more of the following categories of descriptive statistics:
Note: Once you navigate to a publication’s website, it may be easiest to do a search with a statistics-related word (ex: standard deviation).
1. Provide a summary of the article you have chosen by identifying the purpose and what real-world problem it is addressing/trying to solve. Include the following information:(Bulleted format, as shown below, is acceptable). • Topic (what real world problem does this study address?) • Date of publication/study.• Author/Researchers.• Audience for the article.• Why the article was written.
2. Explain which category(s) of descriptive statistics is used in the study and how it is used to communicate the information found in the study and/or any conclusions/solutions posed (1–2 paragraphs). Make sure to clearly connect your explanation to the purpose/real world problem the article is addressing.
3. Describe several connections, using specific examples, between the information presented/the problem and its larger impact to the world/your major/current job/future career goal. (1–2 paragraphs).
4. Recommend several highly relevant and valid solutions based on the mathematical and visual data provided in the article.
Part B: This must be a PowerPoint !
An additional part of the application process requires you to create a presentation based on the information provided above. To do so, choose an audience (outside of the field of mathematics) that could benefit from the information you will present:
5. Create one visualization of the data appropriate for the conference audience (1 slide). Make sure that your visualization includes appropriate titles, labels, colors, and text. Note: If the article already contains a visual, you must create a different type of graph or chart.
6. Explain how the audience can benefit from the data (1 slide).
STEP 4: In the notes section of your final slide, answer the following questions:
Please cite all sources . Will be checked for plagiarism .
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more