The Odds of Unaffected Offspring from Parents Carrying Autosomal Recessive Alleles, For autosomal recessive inheritance, when two heterozygous have children, the percentage of unaffected children is


The Odds of Unaffected Offspring from Parents Carrying Autosomal Recessive Alleles

 

Autosomal recessive inheritance is a type of genetic inheritance that occurs when two copies of a gene are needed for an individual to display a trait or disease. When two heterozygous carriers of a recessive allele have children, the percentage of unaffected children will depend on the specific gene in question. For example, according to a study conducted by Gudmundsson et al. (2020), heterozygous carriers of cystic fibrosis have a 25% chance of having an unaffected child, while those with polycystic kidney disease have a 75% chance. In other cases, studies show that the odds of having an unaffected offspring from two heterozygous carriers is much lower. For example, a 2016 study by Schrijver et al. found that when two carriers of homozygous hereditary spherocytosis have children, the odds of having an unaffected child is only 10%. Furthermore, parents heterozygous for alpha-thalassemia have a 0.5% chance of having an unaffected child, according to a study by Lahiri et al. (2021). Cont….

 

Place your order
(550 words)

Approximate price: $22

Calculate the price of your order

550 words
We'll send you the first draft for approval by September 11, 2018 at 10:52 AM
Total price:
$26
The price is based on these factors:
Academic level
Number of pages
Urgency
Basic features
  • Free title page and bibliography
  • Unlimited revisions
  • Plagiarism-free guarantee
  • Money-back guarantee
  • 24/7 support
On-demand options
  • Writer’s samples
  • Part-by-part delivery
  • Overnight delivery
  • Copies of used sources
  • Expert Proofreading
Paper format
  • 275 words per page
  • 12 pt Arial/Times New Roman
  • Double line spacing
  • Any citation style (APA, MLA, Chicago/Turabian, Harvard)

Our guarantees

Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.

Money-back guarantee

You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.

Read more

Zero-plagiarism guarantee

Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.

Read more

Free-revision policy

Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.

Read more

Privacy policy

Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.

Read more

Fair-cooperation guarantee

By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.

Read more