Unit 2 Discussion Assignment Argument Reconstruction and a GIFT Step 1. Read the dialogue (below) and the additional linked resources. How would you continue this dialogue? What would you say? Give your response on the value of a college education and the outlook for future job prospects. Then compose a response that includes the following:
• Explain why this is considered an argument in the logical sense (i.e., in the sense that our text uses, not the conventional sense of an argument as an “angry quarrel.”
• What is the connection (if any) between the premises and the conclusion of your argument? That is, what role do the premises play with respect to the conclusion? Post your initial reconstructed argument, your explanation and continued dialogue response on the DB. Then come back and follow the instructions for Steps 2 and 3. Dialogue Additional resources for your review: Then reconstruct one (or more) simple arguments from this dialogue (could be Hiro’s, Angie’s or your own) using standard form (P1, P2, Pn …/C). Add appropriate premise indicators and conclusion indicators in your reconstructed argument format. Hiro: I’ve decided that I’m going to withdraw from school because it’s really hard to keep up with school work, it’s expensive and besides I want to get married to my girlfriend. I know I’m only 20, but I also feel like I’m not learning anything useful. I think I’d be better off trying to get a full time job. Angie: I disagree. Education can give you options for the future. If you have qualifications you can get different jobs, better promotions, and people take you more seriously. Plus, you’ll experience personal growth and better self-esteem. So you really ought to get your college degree. Hiro: Well, my uncle finished high school, got married at 18, and he is doing just fine. He’s got three kids, drives a bus, gets a good salary and he enjoys life. He told me that not going to college and starting a career early was the best thing he could have done. You: CONTINUE…
• How necessary is a college education?
• Unemployment rates for college graduates vs. high school graduates PHIL110 Critical Thinking – SPS CUNY Give a Gift of an “Argument Map” Recommendations for Success and Grading Criteria:
• Respond to the assignment with clear and detailed answers.
• Follow all assignment prompts and answer all prompt questions.
• Incorporate relevant examples and evidence to support your claims.
• Compose your response in clear and grammatically correct English and post it on time.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more