Part of the power of this play comes from the many ironies. When the town needs
saving, the people of the town turn to the one who saved them before–Oedipus–because the townspeople
think Oedipus has tapped into the knowledge of the gods. Goodness, are they wrong or what!
Answer the following questions: Keep in mind that this is an English class; therefore,
proofread your answer carefully before submitting, for I will take off points for
misspelled words as well as unclear answers. (Good luck).
1. What is the specific setting for the play Oedipus?
2. Who told Jocasta and Laius that their son would kill his father and marry his
3. Oedipus was reared in what city? __________________
By whom was Oedipus reared?
6. Name the place where Oedipus killed his father.
The sphinx has the body of a (an) 7____________, the head of a 8___________, and
the wings of a 9._______________
10. What was the riddle of the sphinx? __________________
Oedipus and Jocasta have 4 children. Name 2.
13. Which god is responsible for the plague in Thebes? ___________________
Name the two persons Oedipus accused the plotting against him.
16. Who tells Oedipus that his adopted father is dead? ___________________
17. Define the term, hubris. _____________________
18. Name the mountain on which Oedipus resolves to spend his Life.
19. __________is a group of Theban elders who are not privy to everything.
Name 3 functions of the Chorus. 20.______21___________. 22.________________.
State two themes for the play, Oedipus the King, and write a brief explanation for
23. Theme ____________________
24. Theme ____________________
25. Choose one character trait of Oedipus, the King, and write a brief
description. Your description should be well-developed.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more