Sickle Cell Anemia: An Overview of its Inheritance Pattern, What inheritance pattern does sickle cell anemia follow?

Sickle Cell Anemia: An Overview of its Inheritance Pattern

Sickle cell anemia is an inherited blood disorder that is caused by an abnormal type of hemoglobin known as hemoglobin S (HbS) (Tsui, 2020). It is a genetic disorder, meaning that it is passed down from parents to their children. The inheritance pattern of sickle cell anemia follows an autosomal recessive pattern (Hazra et al., 2017). This means that for a person to have the disorder, they must have two copies of the abnormal hemoglobin gene, one from each parent. When both parents have one copy of the abnormal gene, they are known as carriers, however they will not show any symptoms of the disorder. If one parent is a carrier and the other has sickle cell anemia, then the child will have the disorder. If both parents are carriers, then the child has a 25 percent chance of having the disorder, a 50 percent chance of being a carrier, and a 25 percent chance of having neither (Almohanna et al., 2021). Cont…

See also  Were he permitted to do so, he would spend all of his time there, alone. If Joey hits his sister, and Joey’s mother sends him to his room, has she punished him? Why or why not? – [Answered]


Get the Complete Custom Written Paper Written by Real Humans Who have exceptionally Excelled in their Studies and understand what your professor wants

We have writers who will write a complete custom paper for you from scratch, on the above topic. We create original papers with A FREE PLAGIARISM REPORT. Our tutors are also professional Exam Takers

Login to Dashboard

Gain access to your custom papers.
and place new orders

Place Order Now

Place the order to get a custom written paper on this topic now
Place your order
(550 words)

Approximate price: $22

Calculate the price of your order

550 words
We'll send you the first draft for approval by September 11, 2018 at 10:52 AM
Total price:
The price is based on these factors:
Academic level
Number of pages
Basic features
  • Free title page and bibliography
  • Unlimited revisions
  • Plagiarism-free guarantee
  • Money-back guarantee
  • 24/7 support
On-demand options
  • Writer’s samples
  • Part-by-part delivery
  • Overnight delivery
  • Copies of used sources
  • Expert Proofreading
Paper format
  • 275 words per page
  • 12 pt Arial/Times New Roman
  • Double line spacing
  • Any citation style (APA, MLA, Chicago/Turabian, Harvard)

Our guarantees

Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.

Money-back guarantee

You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.

Read more

Zero-plagiarism guarantee

Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.

Read more

Free-revision policy

Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.

Read more

Privacy policy

Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.

Read more

Fair-cooperation guarantee

By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.

Read more
error: Content is protected !!
Are you sure want to unlock this post?
Unlock left : 0
Are you sure want to cancel subscription?